Hong Kong Top Talent Pass Scheme
1. Scheme Overview
The Hong Kong Top Talent Pass Scheme (hereinafter referred to as "TTPS") is designed to attract top talents with rich work experience and high academic qualifications from all over the world to explore opportunities in Hong Kong. These top talents include high-income individuals and graduates from the world's top universities. Approved applicants can bring their spouse and unmarried children under 18 years old to settle in Hong Kong (hereinafter referred to as "dependants"). Our company can assist with the application for the Top Talent Pass.
2. Application Requirements
Individuals who intend to come to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region under the TTPS are not required to have found a job in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region when applying. They only need to meet the general immigration requirements and can be granted a stay in Hong Kong for 24 months without other stay conditions. Applicants can choose to apply for the TTPS under one of the categories listed in (a) to (c) below:
- Individuals who have earned an annual income of HKD 2.5 million or more (or equivalent foreign currency) in the preceding year before the application (Category A application);
- Individuals who have been awarded a bachelor's degree from one of the world's top 100 universities and have accumulated at least three years of work experience in the five years preceding the application (Category B application); or
- Individuals who have been awarded a bachelor's degree from one of the world's top 100 universities in the five years preceding the application but have less than three years of work experience (Category C application). This type of application is subject to annual quota restrictions and is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. In addition, Category C applications do not apply to non-local students who have obtained a bachelor's degree by studying full-time locally assessed courses in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Any individuals in the categories described in (a) to (c) above who apply to come to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region under the TTPS may be considered for approval if they meet the following criteria:
- there are no security reasons to refuse the application, and the applicant does not have any known serious criminal records; and
- there are annual quotas available for allocation (applicable to Category C applicants only).
Once all documents have been satisfactorily verified by the immigration department and all relevant application procedures have been completed, approved applicants can be issued a visa/entry permit to stay in Hong Kong under this scheme.
Applicants and their dependants who have continuously resided in Hong Kong for no less than seven years may apply for Hong Kong permanent residency, Hong Kong permanent identity cards, and Hong Kong passports in accordance with the law.
3. Extension of stay
Successful applicants (and their dependents) who have been approved can generally be granted a stay of 24 months in Hong Kong upon their first entry, without being subject to any other stay conditions. They can apply online to extend their stay within four weeks before the expiry of the period of stay. At the time of application, the applicant must have already secured employment, and the job must normally be held by a degree holder or a person with good professional/technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or relevant experience and achievements with supporting documentary proof, and the salary and benefits package should be at market level. If the applicant has set up or participated in any business in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, documentary proof of the business must be provided. If the application is approved, the applicant is usually allowed to extend their stay in Hong Kong for the mode of 3-3 years, without being subject to any other stay conditions.
For persons admitted to Hong Kong under the TTPS who apply to extend their stay and meet the criteria as set out above, they can apply to extend their stay under the Top Talent category for approval of an extension of stay:
- The applicant has been granted a stay in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for no less than two years under the TTPS; and
- The applicant's assessable income for salaries tax in the previous year of assessment is HKD 2 million or above.
Note: This document is for reference only, all terms are subject to written contract.