According with the current “Hong Kong Investment as Entrepreneurs”, qualified persons can apply as an entrepreneur to enter/stay in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) (herein after called “Hong Kong Entrepreneurs Migration Program” or “the Program”). Successful applicants may bring their spouses and unmarried dependent children under the age of 18 (herein after called “Dependants”) to Hong Kong.
(1) there is no security objection and no known record of serious crime in respect of the applicant;
(2) the applicant has a good education background, but in special circumstances, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or relevant experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may also be accepted;
(3) the applicant is in a position to make substantial contribution to the economy of the HKSAR, with consideration factors including, but not limited to, business plan, business turnover, financial resources, investment sum, number of jobs created locally and introduction of new technology or skills.
(4) Overseas Chinese nationals holding People's Republic of China passports who meet the criteria stipulated above and normal immigration requirements may apply to enter the HKSAR for investment if:
(A) the applicant has permanent residence overseas; or
(B) the applicant has been residing overseas for at least one year immediately before the submission of application ["overseas" means places outside the Mainland, the HKSAR and the Macao Special Administrative Region] and that the application is submitted from overseas.
3. Documents and Procedure
(1) Setting up a company in Hong Kong.
(2) Drafting a two years business plan which shall cover details and plans of the business and products, plans of office set-up, plans of employee recruitment, and plans of the company's revenue and expenditures etc..
(3) Required documents include:
(a) Certified copy of current passport(s)〈Applicant and Dependants〉;
(b) Certified copy of current national identity card(s)〈Applicant and Dependants〉;
(c) Overseas Permanent Residence status documents〈Applicant and Dependants〉;(if applicable)
(d) Original police certificate(s);〈Applicant and Dependants over 16 years old〉;
(e) Original notarization of full birth record
(f) Original notarization of medical birth certificate ;
(g) Original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificate(s)certificate;
(h) Original passport-size photos taken within the past 6 months〈Applicant and Dependants〉;
(i) Home address, telephone number, qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience and relevant certificates〈Applicant and Dependants〉.
(4) Normally, if all the documentations are complete and the Applicant meets the other requirements of the Program, the Hong Kong Immigration will grant approval-in-principle to the Applicant in 3 to 6 months after the application is submitted.
(5) After receipt of approval-in-principle, the applicant has to materialize the business plan. Final approval will be given to the Applicant upon satisfactory materialization of the business plan by the Applicant.
(6) The Applicant and his/her Dependants will be granted initial visas for two years after final approval is given. They can apply for visa extension on a 3-3 years basis before the expiry of these visas, if they can meet the requirements for visa renewal.
(7) Upon completion of a continuous period of ordinary residence in Hong Kong for not less than seven years, the applicant and his dependants may apply for the right of abode in Hong Kong, Hong Kong permanent identity card and Hong Kong Passport.
Note: This document is for reference only, all terms are subject to written contract.